Underwood’s Pathology: a Clinical Approach 6th Edition pdf
Underwood’s Pathology: a Clinical Approach 6th Edition ebook
2014 BMA Medical Book Awards 1st Prize Award Winner in Student Textbook category and Highly Commended in Pathology category!
Underwood’s Pathology (formerly General and Systematic Pathology) is an internationally popular and highly acclaimed textbook, written and designed principally for students of medicine and the related health sciences. Pathology is presented in the context of modern cellular and molecular biology and contemporary clinical practice. After a clear introduction to basic principles, it provides comprehensive coverage of disease mechanisms and the pathology of specific disorders ordered by body system. An unrivaled collection of clinical photographs, histopathology images, and graphics complement the clear, concise text.
For this sixth edition, the entire book has been revised and updated. Well-liked features to assist problem-based learning – including body diagrams annotated with signs, symptoms and diseases and a separate index of common clinical problems – have been retained and refreshed.
Additional value is provided by the complementary online version – hosted on studentconsult.com – which includes the complete, fully searchable text, downloadable images, clinical case studies and a revised, interactive self-assessment section to check your understanding and aid exam preparation. This all combines to make Underwood’s an unsurpassed learning package in this fascinating and most central medical specialty.
- Contents perfectly match needs of medical students.
- A Very clinical approach is ideally suited to integrated courses.
- Each organ system chapter begins with a brief review of normal structure and function, emphasizing aspects that are important to an understanding of the subsequently discussed disease processes.
- Offers an unrivaled superb collection of clinical photographs, histopathology images, and graphics, approximately 700 in all, that richly depict the appearance of both healthy and diseased tissues.
- Extensive International Advisory Board validates contents.
- Fully revised throughout, with several new contributors and re-written chapters.
- Structure of chapters honed to make the book even easier to use during courses that are the problem- or case-based.
- Access to extensive companion website on Student Consult:
- Fully searchable complete electronic text
- Downloadable image bank
- Ability to add your own notes
- Over 250 review questions and clinical cases to assess your strengths and weaknesses and help apply learning to clinical practice
- Core topics further explained and brought to life with extra video and podcast tutorials
- Test yourself with bonus pathology crosswords
- Search across all the Student Consult resources you own online and in one place
Underwood’s Pathology: a Clinical Approach 6th Edition free download