Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider Handbook pdf
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider Handbook ebook
This Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Handbook and healthcare education course highlight the importance of high-performance team dynamics and communication, first aid, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, healthcare management and Acute Coronary Syndromes (ACS). This provider handbook details improvements in outcomes during complex cardiovascular, respiratory and other emergencies (e.g. metabolic, toxicological) by expanding on core ACLS guidelines and encouraging critical thinking and decision-making strategies. Through instruction and active participation in case-based scenarios, learners enhance their skills in the differential diagnosis and treatment of pre-arrest, arrest and post-arrest patients. Our education training material is created and maintained by practicing physicians, adhering to the latest American Heart Association guidelines (2015-2020). This ACLS course for health care providers details health care law and ethics.
ACLS INITIAL ASSESSMENT:
- Determining whether an individual is conscious or unconscious can be done very quickly. If you notice someone in distress, lying down in a public place, or possibly injured, call out to them.
- Make sure the scene is safe before approaching the individual and conducting the BLS or ACLS Survey.
- When encountering an individual who is “down”, the first assessment to make is whether they are conscious or unconscious.
- If the individual is unconscious, then start with the BLS Survey and move on to the ACLS Survey.
- If they are conscious, then start with the ACLS Survey.
The content contained herein is based on the most recent AHA publications on ACLS and will periodically compare previous and revised recommendations for a comprehensive review.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider Handbook free download