Khan’s Treatment Planning in Radiation Oncology 4th Edition PDF
Khan’s Treatment Planning in Radiation Oncology 4th Edition eBook
This unique, full-color reference offers a total team approach to radiation oncology treatment planning, incorporating the newest imaging techniques and offering a comprehensive discussion of clinical, physical, biological and technical aspects. A clear focus on the application of physical and clinical concepts to solve treatment planning problems helps you provide effective, state-of-the-art care for cancer patients. With authoritative coverage of the latest in sophisticated radiation oncology treatment modalities, the 4th Edition of Khan’s Treatment Planning in Radiation Oncology is an essential resource for the radiation oncologist, medical physicist, dosimetrist, and radiation therapist.
New to this edition:
- Up-to-date material throughout reflects the most current practices in radiation oncology treatment.
- New chapters discuss the pros and cons of recent developments in the field: Role of Protons vs. Photons in Modern Radiotherapy: Clinical Perspective, Intensity-Modulated Proton Therapy, and Radiobiology of Hypofractionated Regimens for SRS and SBRT.
- New contributors bring a fresh perspective and provide current insight in their areas of expertise.
- New Key Points and Study Questions at the end of each chapter online help you assess your understanding of the material.
- Discussions of the scientific background and the key aspects of clinical approach ensure that you gain a well-rounded understanding of how to plan treatment from both a technical and a clinical perspective.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
“This book is clearly written and easy to read — a hallmark of all books penned by Dr. Khan. It is a ready resource for finding answers to treatment planning related questions in radiation oncology. Perhaps, owing to size limitations, some topics are not covered in detail. However, ample references are provided for interested readers. It is my hope that the book’s future editions will include an expanded list of study questions. It is also expected that the next edition will cover topics related to the evolving, yet important, field of MR-based treatment planning and delivery. The book is a joy to read and should appeal to all those interested in radiation oncology. ”
-Anil Sethi, PhD, FAAPM, DABMP, DABR(Loyola University Medical Center)