Emergency Radiology Case Studies 1st Edition PDF
Emergency Radiology Case Studies 1st Edition ebook
Effectively and confidently interpret even the most challenging radiographic study
A Doody’s Core Title!
“…should be a part of every emergency medicine resident’s personal library. In addition to residents, I would highly recommend this book to medical students, midlevel providers and any other physician who is interested in improving their ability to interpret radiographic studies necessary to diagnose common emergency medicine patient complaints.”–Annals of Emergency Medicine
4 STAR DOODY’S REVIEW!
“The purpose is to help improve the reader’s skills in ordering and interpreting radiographs. The focus is on conventional radiographs, as well as noncontrast head CT. For emergency physicians this is a vital skill, which can greatly aid in making difficult diagnoses. The book is well written and thorough in addressing how to read radiographs, as well as covering easy to miss findings. The numerous pictures and radiographs are invaluable in demonstrating the author’s teaching points and in engaging the reader in the clinical cases….This well written book will be extremely useful for practicing emergency physicians. The clinical cases are interesting and help challenge the reader to improve their skills at evaluating radiographs more thoroughly.”–Doody’s Review Service
Emergency Radiology: Case Studies is a one-of-a-kind text specifically designed to help you fine-tune your emergency radiographic interpretation and problem-solving skills. Illustrated with hundreds of high-resolution images, this reference covers the full range of clinical problems in which radiographic studies play a key role. Dr. David Schwartz, a leading educator, takes you step-by-step through the radiographic analysis of medical, surgical, and traumatic disorders, giving you an unparalleled review of the use and interpretation of radiographic studies in emergency diagnosis.
- 55 cases studies that highlight challenging areas in emergency diagnosis, including imaging studies with subtle, equivocal, or potentially misleading findings
- Detailed coverage of the broad spectrum of disorders for which radiographs are utilized in emergency practice
- Coverage of chest and abdominal radiology, the extremities, cervical spine and facial radiology, and head CT
- Cohesive template for each chapter, beginning with a case presentation, followed by a comprehensive discussion of the disorder under consideration
- Sections begin with an overview of the pertinent radiographic technique, anatomy, and method of radiographic interpretation
- Diagnosis-accelerating radiographs, ultrasound images, CT scans, and MR images
- Invaluable “pearls and pitfalls” of radiographic interpretation
Emergency Radiology Case Studies 1st Edition free download