Cardiovascular Hemodynamics for the Clinician 2nd Edition pdf
Cardiovascular Hemodynamics for the Clinician 2nd Edition ebook
Cardiovascular Hemodynamics for the Clinician, 2nd Edition, provides a useful, succinct and understandable guide to the practical application of hemodynamics in clinical medicine for all trainees and clinicians in the field.
- Concise handbook to help both practicing and prospective clinicians better understand and interpret the hemodynamic data used to make specific diagnoses and monitor ongoing therapy
- Numerous pressure tracings throughout the book reinforce the text by demonstrating what will be seen in daily practice
- Topics include coronary artery disease; cardiomyopathies; valvular heart disease; arrhythmias; hemodynamic support devices and pericardial disease
- New chapters on TAVR, ventricular assist devices, and pulmonic valve disease, expanded coverage of pulmonary hypertension, fractional flow reserve, heart failure with preserved ejection fraction and valvular heart disease
- Provides a basic overview of circulatory physiology and cardiac function followed by detailed discussion of pathophysiological changes in various disease states
About the Author
George A. Stouffer, MD, FACC, FAHA is Chief of Cardiology and the Henry A. Foscue Distinguished Professor of Medicine at the University of North Carolina. He served as Director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories and Director of Interventional Cardiology for 14 years before assuming his current role. He has published three textbooks and more than 120 articles including several dealing with the hemodynamics of heart disease.