Step-Up to Medicine 4th Edition
Step-Up to Medicine 4th Edition ebook delivers exactly what you need to know—both for exam preparation and for practical use in the evaluation and treatment of patients.
Now thoroughly updated and revised, this best-selling volume in the popular Step-Up series provides a high-yield review of medicine, ideal for preparing for clerkships or clinical rotations, shelf exams, and the USMLE Step 2.
- Content is thoroughly updated and revised, based on extensive research with faculty and students.
- Enhanced high-yield outline format, Quick Hits, and Clinical Pearls make this edition even more time-saving and practical.
- A new 100-question, clinically-oriented practice exam is a practical self-assessment tool to prepare for the questions you will face in clinical practice.
- Succinct, outline approach keeps “extra” material to a minimum, focusing on the core content you need to know.
- Clinical pearls help you “file away” clinical connections for handy retrieval at test time and aid in the transition from basic science to clinical medicine.
- Easy-to-follow algorithms show examples of effective clinical reasoning, particularly for similar complaints.
- Numerous charts, tables, graphs, and mnemonics aid visual learners and facilitate easy retention of essential material.
- Coverage includes every essential area of medicine, including body system diseases and disorders; fluids, electrolytes, and acid-base disorders; hematologic diseases and neoplasms; infectious diseases; diseases of the skin and hypersensitivity disorders; and ambulatory medicine.
- Helpful appendices cover radiographic and electrocardiogram interpretation, physical examination pearls, workup and management of common problems on the wards, basic statistics and evidence-based medicine, and end-of-life issues and informed consent.
Doody’s Book Review Service, Sally Ling, MD, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine —
“This is a very well put together ‘notebook’ containing essential information that medical students need to acquire during internal medicine rotations. It is presented in an appealing format that is effective for learning.
“The book was written to enable students to study more efficiently for their clerkships, shelf exams, and boards. It is intended to consolidate important information which otherwise may need to be extracted from multiple sources.
“The authors envision students using this book beginning in their second year of medical school. It will be particularly helpful during third and fourth year internal medicine clerkships.
“All standard subspecialty areas with the exception of psychiatry and women’s health are covered. Important clinical points are highlighted in the margins. Tables, illustrations, and clinical vignettes are effectively used.
“This well edited ‘notebook’ concisely provides pertinent and reliable information on internal medicine related topics. It will be extremely useful during internal medicine clerkships, as well as for preparation for the shelf exam and boards.”–Four-Star Review from Doody’s Book Review Service (Weighted Numerical Score: 92)
Step-Up to Medicine 4th Edition pdf
Step-Up to Medicine 4th Edition free download