Fundamentals of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology 1st Edition
Fundamentals of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology provides a concise overview of the principles of dental radiology. The book offers a complete introduction to foundational knowledge and skills, emphasizing their application to clinical practice, with synopses of the most common osseous pathologic lesions and dental anomalies. Presenting essential information on topics ranging from basic science to intraoral and extraoral techniques, the book is illustrated with many clinical photographs and x-ray images.
Chapters cover fundamentals of radiology, including radiation generation, dosimetry, protection, techniques, and errors, and interpretation, including normal anatomy, caries, anomalies, and osseous pathology. A companion website presents exercises to train readers in radiographic interpretation. Fundamentals of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology is an indispensable guide for dental practitioners, dental students, and dental auxiliaries.
- Distills foundational knowledge on oral radiology in an accessible guide
- Uses a succinct, easy-to-follow approach
- Focuses on practical applications for radiology information and techniques
- Presents summaries of the most common osseous pathologic lesions and dental anomalies
- Includes access to a companion website with the figures from the book in PowerPoint and x-ray puzzles