Atlas of Common Pain Syndromes, 3e 3rd Edition
Noted pain authority Dr. Steven Waldman returns with a new edition of Atlas of Common Pain Syndromes. Delivering complete, concise, step-by-step visual guidance, this innovative, popular atlas equips you to effectively diagnose and manage pain syndromes commonly encountered in any clinical practice. Clearly labeled, vivid illustrations depict the physical symptoms and anatomy of each pain site, and diagnostic images demonstrate key findings from MRI, CT, and conventional radiography. With an easy-to use, templated format, and online access to the complete text and image bank at www.expertconsult.com, you’ll have Dr. Waldman’s preferred approaches right at your fingertips.
- Avoid potential pitfalls in diagnosis and treatment of pain syndromes by referring to “Side Effects and Complications” sections in each chapter.
- Ensure proper reimbursement with comprehensive coverage of insurance coding information.
- Quickly and easily find the information you need thanks to highly templated chapters that explore signs and symptoms, physical findings, laboratory and radiographic testing, treatment options, clinical pearls, and diagnostic codes for each pain syndrome.
- Accurately diagnose and treat common pain syndromes by following a step-by-step approach that progresses from signs and symptoms through physical findings, laboratory and radiographic testing, treatment options, clinical pearls, and diagnostic codes.
- Effectively apply the latest pain management techniques and approaches with 20 new chapters covering Supraorbital Neuralgia, Charlin’s Syndrome, Vail’s Syndrome, Hyoid Syndrome, Subacromial Impingement Syndrome, Thrower’s Elbow Syndrome, and Triangular Fibrocartilage Tera Syndrome – to keep you abreast of the conditions presenting in today’s pain management practice.
- See, identify, and diagnose patients’ pain issues with help from clinically relevant illustrations that connect pain syndromes to clearly labeled anatomic illustrations. Line drawings, clinical photographs as well as x-rays, CTs, and MRIs, helping you to confirm your diagnoses and confidently implement pain management techniques.
- Access the complete text and illustrations online at Expert Consult, fully searchable.
- Reinforce your knowledge with 20 new pain syndromes added in which the pieces of the puzzle (signs and symptoms) don’t quite fit the simple diagnosis.
A quick reference for any physician who handles diagnosing and managing patients with pain.
“A highly practical and very user friendly text… It should find its way onto the bookshelf of most pain medicine clinics and certainly all pain medicine training programs, regardless of specialty orientation.”
–Anesthesia and Analgesia, review of the previous edition
About the Author
est clinicien anesthésiste.Spécialiste dans la prise en charge de la douleur, il dirige un centre anti-douleur à Kansas, États-Unis.