Pleural Diseases, 6e
Now in a fully revised and updated Sixth Edition, Dr. Light’s classic text, Pleural Diseases, delivers even more focused content on the pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, diagnosis, and management of pleural diseases. The text’s straightforward, single-author perspective combines procedural expertise, insights on recent technical advances, and clear recommendations for both diagnosis and treatment.
This edition includes current and timely information on management of both paraneoplastic and malignant pleural effusions, new cautions regarding the need for training in thoracentesis, diagnosis of tuberculous pleural effusions, and newer agents for producing effusions.
Inside this powerful, fact-packed resource…
• Three algorithms for diagnosis of pleural effusions help identify causes of pathologic findings.
• Chapters on thoracentesis, pleural biopsy, chest tube insertion, and thoracoscopy provide indications and contraindications along with step-by-step procedural guidance.
• Detailed coverage of parapneumonic and malignant pleural effusions addresses the most recent advances in treatment.
NEW to the Sixth Edition…
• Updated treatment regimens for paraneoplastic lesions broaden therapeutic options.
• Consensus-building content presents a unified approach to the use of indwelling catheters in the management of malignant pleural effusions.
• New emphasis on training for thoracentesis helps minimize procedure-related morbidity and mortality.
• New recommendations regarding chest tubes help ensure the proper tube is used for each procedure.
• New tests refine the diagnosis of tuberculous pleural effusions.
- Publication Month
- May 2013
- Edition Type
- Product Format
- Height x Width
- 6452 x 4522 mm
- 524806 grams
- Number of Pages
- 524 pages