SCORE YOUR HIGHEST ON THE USMLE® STEP 1 WITH HELP FROM THE WORLD’S MOST POPULAR MEDICAL REVIEW BOOK
An unmatched collection of more than 1,300 must-know facts and mnemonics provide a complete framework for your USMLE® preparation
This annually updated review delivers a comprehensive collection of high-yield facts and mnemonics that pinpoint exactly what you need to know to pass the exam. Co-authored by medical students who recently took the boards, it provides a complete framework to help you prepare for the most stressful exam of your career.
Here’s why this is the ultimate USMLE Step 1 review:
• All subject areas revised based on feedback from thousands of students
• Reviewed by nationally known USMLE instructor to ensure accuracy and relevance
• Hundreds of full-color illustrations clarify essential concepts and improve retention
• Valuable rapid-review section for last-minute cramming
• Detailed test-taking strategies to maximize your study time
• Expanded guide to high-yield USMLE Step 1 review resources, including mobile apps
• Real-time updates at www.firstaidteam.com
From the Author
What’s New in First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2017
First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2017 is finally here! The new edition represents thousands of hours of coordinated effort over the past ten months by dozens of student authors and editors, faculty experts, illustrators, and editorial staff. Some of the more notable highlights include:
- 30+ entirely new facts and better organization of related facts throughout the book, such as the neurodegenerative disorders (p. 490), cellular changes (p. 214), and gallstones and related pathologies (p. 379)
- Continued expansion of quality improvement principles, safety science, and healthcare delivery to align more closely with the USMLE Content Outline and student feedback.
- Complete reorganization of the Neurology chapter to better distinguish normal physiology from neuropathology and to emphasize the special senses.
- Improved Rapid Review section now fully cross-referenced to the text, to quickly find these high-yield concepts in context.
- Almost 5,000 specific textual updates culled from more than 50,000 comments and suggestions by experienced medical students and board review experts.
- Over 50 new full-color photos to help visualize various disorders, descriptive findings, and basic science concepts.
- Many imaging photos have been relabeled and optimized to show both normal anatomy and pathologic findings.
- Over 75 new or revised line diagrams that integrate pathophysiology, therapeutics, and diseases into memorable frameworks for annotation and personalization; examples include pages 96 (MHC I and II), 534 (psychiatric diagnoses by symptom duration), and 595 (estrogen).
- Thick, embossed cover and heavy-duty binding for increased durability and longevity.
About the Author
Tao Le, MD, MHS (Louisville, KY) is an Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics in the Division of Allergy and Immunology at the University of Louisville.
Vikas Bhushan, MD (Los Angeles, CA) is a diagnostic radiologist.
[mks_toggle title=”Download” state=”close”]https://www.zippyloads.com/qjq9judqwmtp[/mks_toggle]