Diagnostic Ultrasound: Musculoskeletal, 1e
2015 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Radiology Category! Diagnostic Ultrasound: Musculoskeletal was written by leading experts in the field as an ideal source for the high-intensity radiological and clinical practices of today. This quick, up-to-date reference employs a user-friendly, practically applicable format and is well suited for radiologists, sonographers, rheumatologists, orthopaedic surgeons, sports physicians, and physiotherapists alike. Complete coverage of ultrasound anatomy, diagnosis, differential diagnosis and ultrasound-guided interventional procedures combines with thousands of illustrative clinical cases and schematic diagrams to make this new resource among the most comprehensive available on the market.
- Readily accessible chapter layout with succinct, bulleted teaching points and almost 3,000 high-quality illustrative clinical cases and schematic designs.
- All-inclusive section on musculoskeletal ultrasound anatomy, as well as a comprehensive interventional section covering muskuloskeletal ultrasound.
- Approaches musculoskeletal ultrasound from two different viewpoints: that of a specific diagnosis (Dx section), followed by that of a specific ultrasound appearance (DDx section).
- Differential diagnosis section features supportive images and text outlining the key discriminatory features necessary in reaching the correct diagnosis.
- Provides a solid understanding of musculoskeletal ultrasound anatomy and pathology.
- Comes with Amirsys eBook Advantage™, an online eBook featuring expanded content, additional images, and fully searchable text.
“This is an impressive compendium of musculoskeletal ultrasound anatomy, pathology, and procedures. One of the keys to understanding musculoskeletal ultrasound is thorough knowledge of anatomy. The anatomy in this book is detailed and current. The illustrations are excellent and the quality of the images is as expected with contemporary ultrasound equipment. In the pathology sections, a helpful number of ultrasound examples are provided for each disease entity — for example, there are 46 images for muscle injury. As a radiologist, I have found this book especially helpful for discussing findings with my sonographers. The presentation of the material is different on the website than in the book, where only one image can be viewed at a time. This makes comparison of the illustrations and ultrasound images slightly more difficult, making the website not quite as easy to refer to as the book. However, when you compare have access to your entire Amirsys library to the weight of these books, there is no contest – the website means this book is never far from reach.” ~B. Keegan Markhardt, MD, University of Wisconsin Madison Hospital and Clinics Doody Score: 83/100