Smith and Tanagho’s General Urology 18th Edition
The definitive guide to understanding, diagnosing, and treating urologic disorders – completely updated with the latest clinical developments
A Doody’s Core Title for 2015!
Smith & Tanagho’s General Urology, 18th edition offers a complete overview of the diagnosis and treatment of the diseases and disorders managed by urologic surgeons. This trusted classic delivers a clear, concise presentation of the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical findings, differential diagnosis, and medical and surgical treatment of all major urologic conditions. The well-organized, user-friendly design makes relevant clinical information and management guidelines easy to find and simple to implement.
- High-yield descriptions of the latest diagnostic modalities and management protocols
- More than 1,600 illustrations and figures, including CT scans, radionuclide imaging scans, and x-rays
- NEW chapter on robotic surgery in urology
- Extensively updated chapters on chemotherapy of urologic tumors, neoplasms of the prostate, and vascular interventional radiology
- Ideal for residents and medical students who require a concise and comprehensive reference
- Great for board preparation
About the Author
Jack W. McAninch, MD is Professor and Vice Chair of Urology at the University of California, San Francisco. He is the Chief of Urology at San Francisco General Hospital.
Tom F. Lue, MD is Professor and Vice Chair of Urology at the University of California, San Francisco.