The revised and updated 2nd Edition of this groundbreaking work reflects the growing importance of nuclear medicine within radiology, presenting definitive coverage of diagnostic nuclear medicine as it is practiced today. Encyclopedic in scope, this authoritative two-volume reference is organized for ease of use, providing guidance on the basic science and clinical aspects of this modality, as well as the latest advances in this specialty.
More than 3,000 outstanding state-of-the-art illustrations – 1,300 in full color – comprehensively depict today’s practice.
· Covers all of the basic science and clinical applications of nuclear medicine.
· Emphasizes safety and effective decision making.
· Highlights critical information through hundreds of key boxes, making clinical information easy to find.
· Incorporates the latest updates in the field, including software fusion, as well as the emergence of PET and PET/CT as an essential tool for the evaluation and staging of cancer, neurologic, GI, and cardiovascular disease.
· Integrates coverage of the vast improvements in the production of radioisotopes and new therapeutics.
· Offers case studies to assist with exam preparation.
· Features a full-color artwork program throughout, with hundreds of new color diagrams and images.
· Covers all new radiopharmaceuticals approved by the FDA.
· Presents full-chapter coverage of hot topics such as Principles of PET/CT imaging and imaging systems · New approaches to radiolabeling monoclonal antibodies · Functional cardiac imaging · Cerebral perfusion imaging · Retrospective image fusion: the role of SPECT/CT and PET/CT · Radiopharmaceuticals for pediatric imaging
Hardcover: 1888 pages
Publisher: Mosby; 2 edition (June 2, 2006)