Intensive Care Unit Manual is a practical, hands-on, how-to manual that covers the full spectrum of conditions encountered in the ICU, guiding you step-by-step from your initial approach to the patient through diagnosis and treatment. Compact, affordable, and comprehensive, the ICU Manual puts all the critical care information you need right at your fingertips!
- Stay at the forefront of critical care with a practice-oriented, relevant, and well-illustrated account of the pathophysiology of critical disease, presented in a highly readable format.
- Gain valuable insight into the recognition, evaluation, and management of critical conditions such as respiratory, hemodynamic, and infectious diseases; management of ICU patients with special clinical conditions; cardiovascular, hematologic, and neurological disorders; poisoning and overdoses; trauma and burns; and much more!
- Grasp the latest developments in critical care with extensive updates and revisions to several key chapters, as well as brand-new chapters on Alcohol Withdrawal Syndromes; Acute Heart Failure Syndromes; Noninvasive Ventilation; and more ICU conditions.
- Understand and apply the most important ICU practices, including management of acute respiratory failure, mechanical ventilation, invasive hemodynamic monitoring, and the care of patients with special needs, AIDS, end-stage renal disease, or end-stage liver disease.
- Get convenient access to the full text and image library online at Expert Consult, in addition to online-only text, figures, and tables from the Alcohol Withdrawal Syndromes and Acute Heart Failure Syndromes chapters.
Paperback: 1088 pages
Publisher: Saunders; 2 edition (October 10, 2013)