Medical Pharmacology at a Glance is recognised as an excellent starting point for pharmacology study. This international best-seller is the perfect companion for all medical and health students, providing an accessible, visual overview of pharmacology.
This 8th edition has been extensively updated, especially in the areas of anaesthetics, drugs used in AIDs, cardiovascular drugs, drugs used in anxiety, depression and schizophrenia, urological drugs, drug metabolism, as well as practical concerns such as drug indications and side effects.
Ideal for USMLE and pharmacology exam revision, Medical Pharmacology at a Glance features:
• The basic principles of drug action, interaction, absorption and excretion
• Chapters based on diseases or syndrome, for efficient clinical learning
• An emphasis on drug mechanisms
• References to the pathophysiology of disease, to aid understanding of drug choice and action
• Case studies with questions and full explanation of answers
• A companion website at www.ataglanceseries.com/pharmacology featuring online cases and flashcards
Series: At a Glance (Book 1)
Paperback: 120 pages
Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 8 edition (December 14, 2015)