Rogers’ Textbook of Pediatric Intensive Care 5th Edition
Now in vibrant full color throughout, Rogers’ Textbook of Pediatric Intensive Care 5th Edition continues its tradition of excellence as the gold standard in the field. For more than 25 years, readers have turned to this comprehensive resource for clear explanations of both the principles underlying pediatric critical care disease and trauma as well as how these principles are applied in clinical practice. In the 5th Edition, more than 250 global contributors bring you completely up to date on today’s understanding, treatments, technologies, and outcomes regarding critical illness in children.
Rogers’ Textbook of Pediatric Intensive Care 5th Edition many updates include:
- An all-new full-color layout that enhances visual appeal and makes the text easier to navigate.
- New “Key Point” summaries at the beginning of each chapter that are numerically correlated to pertinent sections in the text, so you can find what you need quickly.
- Fifteen new chapters cover Integrating Palliative Care and Critical Care; Rapid Response Systems; Non-Invasive Ventilation; Abusive Head Trauma; Pulmonary Hypertension; Dengue and Other Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers (including Ebola); Gastrointestinal Bleeding; Diagnostic Imaging of the Abdomen; and more.
- More detailed coverage of Professionalism and Leadership in Pediatric Critical Care; Simulation Training and Team Dynamics; Injury from Chemical, Biologic, Radiologic, and Nuclear Agents (Bioterrorism); Mass Casualty Events; Acute Kidney Injury; and Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis and Renal Transplantation.
- Best available evidence is now highlighted for each topic, making it easier to locate and evaluate significant data.
- All existing chapters have been thoroughly updated and rewritten.
- A new appendix of critical care equations for quick reference of essential information.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
‘a comprehensive review of the principles of practice along with the science of pediatric critical care’
‘Chapters are clearly written and highlight key concepts with bullet points, which are linked to detailed explanations in the chapter’
‘Art work including photographs and line drawings is extremely well done.’
‘Presentations are well supported by tables, line drawings, and photographs.’
‘Practitioners in any of the disciplines contributing to the care of critically ill children will benefit from the information gathered here.’
“-Doodys Publishers’ Club, November 13, 2015”