Essential Surgery is a comprehensive and highly illustrated textbook for clinical students as well as a practical manual for junior doctors and those preparing for postgraduate qualifications in surgery. The unique feature of the book is its problem-orientated nature as distinct to the traditional disease-based structure.
· explains the pathophysiological basis of surgical diseases and of their management to help bridge the gap between the basic medical sciences and clinical problems
· adopts a problem-solving rather than a disease-orientated approach to diagnosis and treatment, reflecting current teaching trends which emphasise the full understanding of how a diagnosis is made and why a particular treatment is used
· includes information about epidemiology, disease prevention and the provision of health care, and tries to relate the community aspects of surgical problems to aetiology, disease prevention and primary care
· contains outlines of common surgical operations, to enable students and junior doctors to explain operations to patients and to allow them to participate intelligently in the operating department, as well as giving them an understanding of how to prevent complications
· includes a major section on accident surgery related to the general surgeon
· Now with full text online on Student Consult
· Comprehensively updated in line with the evolution and refinement of surgery over the past few years by an expanded author team and an advisory group of surgical and radiological experts.
· All line drawings re-presented for greater impact and clarity.
· All radiological images reviewed and updated.
· Includes a new chapter on screening.
· Incorporates all the latest consensus guidelines for managing common disorders.
Series: MRCS Study Guides
Paperback: 720 pages
Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 3 edition (December 10, 2001)
[otw_shortcode_button href=”https://www.up-4ever.com/35655ue23ijh” size=”medium” icon_type=”general foundicon-cloud” icon_position=”left” shape=”square” target=”_blank”]Download This Book PDF File Size 173.9 MB[/otw_shortcode_button]