The fully revised and updated 2nd Edition of this unique text is a must-have for anyone who performs musculoskeletal examinations. For each body region, it presents well-illustrated, step-by-step guidance on assessing alignment, range of motion, muscle strength, and sensation…as well as clear explanations of what abnormal physical findings might mean. The book also features differ¬ential diagnosis tables based on common patient complaints, and provides detailed line drawings that illustrate com¬plex anatomical structures. “Take-Home Points” at the end of every chapter facilitate review.
- A consistent format throughout the text allows readers to find information quickly.
- Key terms and tests are highlighted throughout and defined in a glossary at the end of the book.
- The book features the expertise of one of the nation’s leading experts on the orthopaedic physical examination. Dr. Reider is Editor in Chief of the American Journal of Sports Medicine; Director of Sports Medicine at the University of Chicago Hospitals; a Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Chicago’s Pritzker School of Medicine; and has instructed countless students on this topic over the years.
- A wealth of new testing strategies equip readers to more effectively evaluate today’s full spectrum of joint and muscle disorders.
- “Take-Home Points” at the end of each chapter facilitate review.
- “When the Patient Complains of…” boxes make it easier to identify disorders based on a patient’s presentation.
- Reports on recent clinical studies document the efficacy of various tests.
- New line drawings depict anatomical structures that are difficult to capture via photography, and more photographs of abnormal physical findings clarify what dysfunction looks like.
Series: Reider, The Orthopedic Physical Examination
Hardcover: 432 pages
Publisher: Saunders; 2 edition (December 2004)
[otw_shortcode_button href=”https://www.up-4ever.com/xh5xeb70vzr8″ size=”medium” icon_type=”general foundicon-cloud” icon_position=”left” shape=”square” target=”_blank”]Download This Book PDF File Size 86.4 MB[/otw_shortcode_button]