Critical Observations in Radiology for Medical Students is an ideal companion for medical students and clinicians, with a focus on medical learning and patient management to support clerkship rotations and internship training.
This brand new title delivers comprehensive radiological illustrations of various pathologies on different modalities, guiding the reader through the processes of understanding different imaging techniques, requesting the most appropriate medical imaging modality and procedure in order to reach a clinical diagnosis.
With a simple approach to a wide-range of organ-based important pathologies from an imaging point of view, this comprehensively illustrated volume uses a simple consistent categorization scheme.
Critical Observations in Radiology for Medical Students includes:
• In-depth evaluations of the strengths and weaknesses for each modality
• Explanations of the basic physics of different imaging modalities
• An accessible overview of the current FDA and ACR guidelines for imaging safety, radiation risks, with special guidelines for imaging children and pregnant women
• An exploration of a wide-range of organ-based pathologies from an imaging point of view
• A companion website at www.wiley.com/go/birchard featuring self-assessment MCQs, downloadable pdfs of algorithms, and all the images from the book
Critical Observations in Radiology for Medical Students is a timely, manageable and concise learning resource, with broad topic coverage and enhanced learning features to help students and clinicians answer the question, ‘which test should I order?’ and confidently diagnose and manage conditions.
Paperback: 272 pages
Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (April 20, 2015)