In the latest edition of Benzel’s Spine Surgery, renowned neurosurgery authority Dr. Edward C. Benzel, along with new editor Dr. Michael P. Steinmetz, deliver the most up-to-date information available on every aspect of spine surgery. Improved visuals and over 100 brand-new illustrations enhance your understanding of the text, while 26 new chapters cover today’s hot topics in the field. A must-have resource for every neurosurgeon and orthopedic spine surgeon, Benzel’s Spine Surgery provides the expert, step-by-step guidance required for successful surgical outcomes.
- Glean essential, up-to-date information in one comprehensive reference that explores the full spectrum of techniques used in spine surgery.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Covers today’s hot topics in spine surgery, such as pelvic parameters in planning for lumbar fusion; minimally invasive strategies for the treatment of tumors and trauma of the spine; and biologics and stem cells.
- A total of 18 intraoperative videos allow you to hone your skills and techniques.
- New editor Michael P. Steinmetz brings fresh insights and improvements to the text.
- Features the addition of 26 chapters, including:
-Biologics in Spine Fusion Surgery
-Endoscopic and Transnasal Approaches to the Craniocervical Junction
-Cellular Injection Techniques for Discogenic Pain
-Minimally Invasive Techniques for Thoracolumbar Deformity
-Spinal Cord Herniation and Spontaneous Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak
-MIS Versus Open Spine Surgery
- Extensive revisions to many of the existing chapters present all of the most up-to-date information available on every aspect of spine surgery.
- Improved visuals and over 100 brand-new illustrations enhance learning and retention.
Hardcover: 2136 pages
Publisher: Elsevier; 4 edition (September 16, 2016)