Complex Injuries of the Hand provides a practical guide to the management of complex hand injuries for trainee and practicing hand surgeons, orthopaedic surgeons and plastic surgeons. The number of complex hand injuries is on the rise and they generally involve multiple tissue systems. Complexity may stem from the mechanism of the injury, the challenging anatomy of the region, or the time elapsed since the injury. Most other books on hand injuries tend focus on individual tissue systems and regions; however, complex hand injuries usually require treatment of many tissue systems simultaneously. This book defines the principles of diagnosis and treatment of complex and combined injuries of the hand, and describes the anatomical and physiological basis for the type of treatment that can lead to restoration of maximal function. It discusses the logic of staging and sequencing the repair and reconstruction when required by the nature of the injury or circumstances of the treatment. Emphasis has been placed on the synthesis and integration of treatment principles.
The book is divided into four sections:
- the first deals with the general principles and philosophy of treatment of complex injuries including anesthesia and post-operative rehabilitation;
- the second deals with complex injuries in each tissue systems,
- the third deals with thermal and blast injuries, and
- the fourth covers the application of special techniques such as microsurgery and external fixation in complex injuries of the hand.
* Provides a definitive ‘go to’ reference for hand surgeons, orthopaedic surgeons and plastic surgeons
* Emphasis on where to start the repair and the sequence of subsequent management steps
* Lavishly illustrated with over 500 color photographs and diagrams showing repair and reconstruction techniques
Hardcover: 272 pages
Publisher: JP MEDICAL PUBLISHING; 1 edition (January 6, 2014)
[otw_shortcode_button href=”https://www.up-4ever.com/7mdfn5rty95c” size=”medium” icon_type=”general foundicon-cloud” icon_position=”left” shape=”square” target=”_blank”]Download This Book PDF File size 47.9 MB[/otw_shortcode_button]